Pottery Quiz 2
Do you know your crackle from your Rouge Flambe? My love of pottery stems from studying the materials and hidden science behind what many regard as an art. However pottery making can be traced back thousands of years and I am beginning to appreciate how history has created such diversity of shape, size, colour and texture. Pieces of ancient ware called shards have been found in Eastern Europe, China, Africa and Asia and many are dated at over 10,000 years old. Many parts of the world have developed their own type or style of pottery and terminology. In prehistoric times, the Middle East and Africa are believed to have developed pottery as a means of storing water for personal use and crop growing. The trend for making pottery extended to other countries over time. By the eighteenth century there were major pottery making areas in most parts of the world and I feel privileged to have visited many of them. See how much you know by trying my pottery quiz now? Challenge a friend to see who knows more! (Do you dare?) Good luck, and have fun
1. A pottery shard is what?
2. Blue decorated porcelain is often associated with which Chinese dynasty?
3. Pugging is a pottery term for what?
4. Rouge Flambe is a term used to describe which colour of pottery?
5. Pottery making dates back how many years?
6. Crawling is a pottery term for for what?
7. Fettling is another term for what?
8. Jiggering is a pottery term for what?
9. Majolica is what type of pottery?
10. Sgraffito is a pottery term for what?
Show me the answers!
Question 1: The correct answer is the Answer 1.
Question 2: The correct answer is Answer 2.
Question 3: The correct answer is Answer 3.
Question 4: The correct answer is Answer 3.
Question 5: The correct answer is Answer 4.
Question 6: The correct answer is Answer 3.
Question 7: The correct answer is Answer 3.
Question 8: The correct answer is Answer 2.
Question 9: The correct answer is Answer 1.
Question 10: The correct answer is Answer 2.
You answered them all right!